In the seasons of Advent, Epiphany, Lent and Easter we celebrate the life of Christ. In the season of Pentecost we celebrate the Holy Spirit. Now, in the season of Creation, we have an opportunity to celebrate creation and the Creator.
For four Sundays in September, prior to St Francis of Assisi Day, we join in celebrating with creation. We celebrate Christ, the creator, and the wonders of creation. On September 1 we are invited to celebrate Creation Day with Christians around the world.
In the liturgy, we follow the lead of the psalm writers and celebrate with creation — with the forests, the rivers and the fields, which praise the Creator in their own way.
Bible readings focus especially on the story of Earth, which complements the story of God and the story of humanity in the Scriptures.
We commit ourselves to a ministry of healing Earth, with Christ and creation as our partners.
A Season of Creation CHARTER
In a Season of Creation we will:
1. Celebrate Earth as a sacred planet filled with God’s vibrant presence.
2. Unite with all creation in praising the God of creation.
3. Confess our sins against creation and empathise with a groaning creation.
4. Embrace our kin in creation as our extended family.
5. Proclaim the good news that the risen Jesus is the cosmic Christ who fills and renews all creation.
6. Go forth on a mission to be partners with Christ in the healing of creation.